To meet the needs of our patients in these unprecedented times, OT&P General Practitioners now provide teleconsultation services. We hope this allows our patients to seek medical advice in the comfort of their homes if preferred.
When should you get a teleconsultation?
While telemedicine will not be recommended in certain situations, it can be beneficial in situations where our patients should stay home. These situations can include:
- COVID-19 Testing
- Common cold or influenza
- Infections, rashes and minor allergies
- Skin-related issues or allergies
- Prescription drugs and refills
- Other common symptoms or illnesses such as diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, etc.
How to sign up for telemedicine services
If you would like to make a booking for our teleconsultation services, please follow the steps below:
- Please make your booking via our appointment hotline at 2155 9055. This will help us identify your booking as a teleconsultation.
- During the phone call, let us know how you would like to be contacted (by phone or online video)
- Before the appointed time for your booking, it is best to do the following preparation for a smooth experience:
- Make sure you are in a quiet place for the call so the doctor can communicate with you without interruption
- Check your connection and reception to see if it is stable
- Prepare any questions you will have relating to the reason for your consultation
- If you are new to OT&P, it is always helpful to have your medical history on hand
Once the consultation is completed, if the doctor prescribes any medication, it will be available to collect from the designated clinic by you, a family member or a friend.
In the case of emergencies, teleconsultation will not be able to substitute the care required. It is best to contact a hospital directly for the following circumstances:
- Heart attack
Please note that consultations relating to COVID-19 will need to follow our current procedures found here. If you have been in contact with a known or possible COVID-19 case, we can only offer teleconsultation and remote testing.
If you have any queries about our teleconsultation services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to help.