You’ve probably heard about using IV drips for hospital patients, but did you know that this method of providing direct nutrients to your body can also be used for optimising your health and wellness?
Known largely as IV vitamin therapy, it’s widely used by individuals who are looking to improve their overall health and give themselves an extra boost in life. Let’s go through some common questions about how it works, why it works and who considers it.
What is IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV Vitamin Therapy involves the intravenous infusion of minerals and vitamins at a more concentrated level to help tackle your health issues. This therapy treatment has recently gained popularity and can help patients with viral or chronic illnesses and aid athletic recovery. Common IV drips include hydration drips, vitamin-infused drips and amino acid-infused drips.
How is IV Vitamin Therapy administered?
IV Vitamin Therapy is administered through a regular drip where a tube is attached to the patient’s arm through a small needle. The vitamins and nutrients are then absorbed directly into the patient’s bloodstream at a high concentration level. The overall duration of the process can range between 30 minutes and 60 minutes, so if you’re considering IV Vitamin therapy we would advise you to plan ahead and block out an hour of your day.
The 7 common types of IV Vitamin Therapy
Many clinics offer a range of different drips to help address varying individual needs. They can include:
- Immunity drips strengthen the patient’s immune system and protect them against viral or bacterial infections.
- Hydration drips replenish your supply of nutrients and vitamins while supporting cardiovascular wellness.
- Detox drips re-energise the body by restoring antioxidants and cleansing the body of toxins.
- Anti-ageing drips improve skin texture and boost collagen production to protect against sun damage.
- Post-exercise drips help speed up recovery from intensive sports through replenishing amino acids and electrolytes.
- Keto Diet support drips help aid weight loss by boosting energy levels and overall endurance.
- Intravenous Vitamin C (IVC) drips effectively boost Vitamin C levels in the blood to help battle viral illnesses and that can alleviate chemotherapy side effects for cancer patients.
What are the benefits of IV Vitamin Therapy?
Because IV Vitamin Therapy feeds nutrients and vitamins directly into your bloodstream, the rate of absorption is 100% (whereas oral supplements are absorbed at lower rates). Age, health issues, activity level, stress and gastrointestinal surgery are also factors that lead to lower absorption rates of oral supplements.
IV treatments are also ideal for patients who have difficulty ingesting certain nutrients or vitamins due to nausea or dietary restrictions.
How safe is IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV Vitamin Therapy is a safe procedure with very few patient cases experiencing adverse side effects. Professional clinics will ensure that the equipment used is sanitised so that the risk of infection from the needle is close to non-existent. Patients should also provide a comprehensive medical history of allergies, health concerns or any medications they are currently taking to help doctors advise the best IV vitamin therapy treatment.
We would advise our interested readers to seek out IV vitamin therapy administered by licensed doctors or nurses in order to have a safe and relaxing experience.
Are you looking to try out IV Vitamin Therapy? OT&P offers IV Vitamin Therapy in a safe and controlled environment administered by our professional doctors and nurses.
1. VOLLBRACHT, C., SCHNEIDER, B., LEENDERT, V., WEISS, G., AUERBACH, L. and BEUTH, J. (2011). Intravenous Vitamin C Administration Improves Quality of Life in Breast Cancer Patients during Chemo-/Radiotherapy and Aftercare: Results of a Retrospective, Multicentre, Epidemiological Cohort Study in Germany. In Vivo, [online] 25(6). Available at: http://iv.iiarjournals.org/content/25/6/983.full#content-block [Accessed 5 Feb. 2020].